Hi everyone, this is the announcement for our upcoming big event,
Malaysian Sepsis Evolution Seminar 3.0 (MySE 3.0).
This course is conducted by the Malaysian Sepsis Alliance. Our aim is to bring you up to date with the latest management of sepsis following the Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guideline 2021. The speakers come from various backgrounds ranging from preclinical scientists to clincal specialists. This course is suitable for clinicians, specialists, master students, paramedics, medical students, healthcare providers as well as medical scientists.
The course details are as below:
DATE: 25th June 2022
TIME: 8.00am - 5.00pm
PLATFORM: Fully virtual via Zoom
FEE: RM50 per pax
8 CPD points will be awarded.
REGISTRATION: Please register by scanning the QR code on the poster or via this link
TENTATIVE PROGRAMME: Please click this link
We look forward to host you! JOIN US NOW!
|World Sepsis Congress 2021|
The number 1 killer.
It is a sickness cause by serious infection (e.g. COVID-19, lung infection, flu).
Early recognisation save life because it is treatable and preventable.
Today is World Sepsis Day, 13 Sept 2020, aim to increase Sepsis awareness to public and healthcare provider.
Let us hand in hand make Malaysia and World
Malaysian Sepsis Alliance
& Edric Yip for the video editing
The registration is free
It involve 150 speakers with 55 countries all over the world.
Animal do have sepsis. Veterinarian are invited too!
Please go the link below and register early!
Date: 25 June 2020
Time: 10am to 12pm
Please register via this link for next week webinar (25 June 2020)
Just simply key in your ic number in staff/student id column if you are not our UKM staff.
This webinar is open and free for all. It is suitable for healthcare providers, doctors, GPs, nurses and assistant medical officers.
This is my previous week webinar on "Sepsis Identification". In case those who miss the session, you may watch it again at the link below.
The video was the recording of the previous session (18 June 2020). You may watch it before next week session. It is a continuum for next week webinar.
Thank you. Have a nice day.
Associate Professor Dr Tan Toh Leong
Senior Lecturer and Consultant Emergency Physician,
Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhris, Pusat Perubatan UKM,
President of Malaysian Sepsis Alliance Society (MySepsis).
Some important info:
1. COVID-19 doesn't not behave like SARS. It behave more like a flu.
2. Fatality rate for COVID-19 still low (range from 0.8 for less than 65 year old to 15% only for elderly 80year old and above)
3. Transmission model not similar to SARS as they might transmit during asymptomatic period. But not to worry, if we got it, it will be like having a flu and recover later. No big deals
4. The COVID-19 plays 'hide and seek' behave like HIV (my own observation), that why some patient negative swab and later positive again.
5. The range of day from getting disease til symptoms present (average 11.4 days, outlier up 21 days)
6. Effective treatment include antivirus.
7. Elderly, chronic illness are high risk of morbidity & mortality (CARS and PIC syndrome group)
8. Second wave of remerge of disease will attack younger person less than 35 years old (SIRS and Cytokinase Storm)
Mitigation Phase should be activated now to delay the epidermic peak, so that the healthcare system can cope with the outbreak
What shall we all do now to protect you and your love one?
Listen carefully guys and gals. It is very very crucial now.
1. Do our own responsibility taking care of our own hygiene.
2. Wash you hand every 10- 15min if you are outside (a bit OCD is ok during this mitigation phase)
3. If you sick, only wear mask. Keep those mask for the sick.
4. Do not wear your self created mask, it danger other and yourself, especially when you are sick and you wear it, it won't filter and germ and may spread the germ more!
5. Stay away from public, mean stay home. SOCIAL DISTANCING.
6. Don't shake hand and kiss. Just saya a hi or salam gesture from far.
7. Keep all the eldeely at home and provide them enough food and drink during this period.
8. Avoid all Mass gathering event and travelling! No no celebration event. Postpone it if possible. Sorry for those wedding event.
9. If you are having symptom and no contact history, stay home and self monitor. 10 sec breath holding test is good as a tool for self monitoring. Mean, if you can hold a deep breath more than 10 sec, you should be ok.
10. If you have contact with any COVID-19 patient, and you are symptomatic , please come forward to hospital. If you do not have symptom, please call our KKM hotline (office hours) and doctoroncall (after office hour) for further instruction.
11. Stay Calm and Do not panic. We have enough resouces to control disease if we follow these guide 100%.
12. School Holiday mean STAY AT HOME.
13. Last but not least. DO NOT OVER BUYING! Just buy your family own needs. Left some for others. Our country have wide range financial backgroud citizen (especially B40). Our aim is to keep the market basic need (eg. groceries & toilettries) constantsly available in the market so that everyone can buy it. With the constants goods supply, the price of goods won't go up and constant supply is ensured. So nobody will panic.
*Not everyone has similar purchase power. We need to consider others who had financial constrain in this outbreak season.
Pray for all safety.
Assoc Prof Dr Tan Toh Leong
President of Malaysia Sepsis Alliance
Consultant Emergency Medicine UKM